If you have been displaced and are qualified for jobs you apply for, but do not get hired:·
File discrimination with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC)
· File discrimination with Illinois Department of Human Rights: IDHR Chicago Office /James R. Thompson Center / 100 W. Randolph Street /Suite 10-100
· File discrimination with State Attorney General Office
Also in the Thompson Center (1 floor above IDHR)
· Continue to talk with by phone, in person or email anyone that has been displaced or terminated by CPS and provide them information about DARTS.
· Obtain an email addresses other than FirstClass
· Accumulate all information of prior job fairs, names of schools where you applied, the lists sent to Isadore Glover, any interviews that you secured and the responses (positive or negative) and place in a binder.
· Contact radio, newspapers, aldermen, church leaders, etc. regarding uncertified persons in teaching position and explain the waivers used to keep highly qualified teachers from those positions.
· Explain your position tactfully without anger because it is the children that are not reaping the benefits of having veteran teachers with experience and knowledge assigned to their classrooms.
· If after the 20th day you are requested elsewhere or switched to another school, or moved by sub center, this is EVIDENCE. (On the 21st day we can request placement in that position if we are qualified for that position.)
· Contact Colleen Dykus email@example.com 312 329 9100 and ask her what the status of our grievance is regarding CTU contractual rights as specified on page 99 (42.3), as well as Appendix H, that are being violated.
· Remember that the NCLB Act requires the most qualified teachers be placed in the classroom and that the Chicago Board of Education is not providing students with the most highly qualified.
· For additional information contact Toni Barnes 773 746 1051 or 773 488 3076 and Ann Cata 773-327-4953.
Toni Barnes communication with Attorney Diedre Baumann:
Christina Wodka, EEOC Investigator, would like to hear from everyone who believes that they are or have been a CPS victim of age discrimination. In your communication be sure to complete this form and fax it to: 312-886-1168. Her direct phone number is 312-353-1401. Remember, it is not about just you or me; it is about all of us. So, if you know of others, in our plight, please spread the word. The investigator only needs the information requested on this form. Click on file below.